Manager Revenue Accounting
Job Title: Manager, Revenue Accounting
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The Manager of Revenue will be responsible for supporting the global revenue team in overseeing the transformation of the revenue teams monthly close process including the process of booking contracts and other related close tasks. The Manager of Revenue will also supervise a team of Senior Accountants and Accountants day to day deliverables and collaborate with technical accounting and other key stakeholders in the company to ensure an effective accounting policies are being consistently applied while achieving a more efficient and effective close process. The individual must possess leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, the ability to work well within diverse environments and have an ability to effectively implement change.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a team of Senior and Staff Accountants and review their work such as contracts, invoices, monthly reconciliations and reports
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Corporate policy and procedures
- Provide technical accounting expertise and leadership on the treatment of accounting issues, such as the implementation of the new revenue accounting standards (606)
- Create policies and procedures for the revenue team to assist with the technical accounting research and documentation of accounting findings for complex transactions.
- Review and manage day to day revenue accounting tasks
- Work with stakeholders to develop an operational implementation plan for ASC 606
- Determine approach to maintaining parallel accounting of revenue under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Review the existing close process and look for opportunities to enhance the process to make it more efficient
- Identify and implement best practices within the revenue team
- Evaluate existing processes and standards and develops new processes and standards where appropriate
- Drive consistency across the revenue accounting team
- Assist in the design of controls to the extent existing control framework lacks guidance and/or is no longer relevant and propose recommendations
- Interface with Internal Audit department to assist in the remediation process
- Work with international revenue teams to understand and document differences between local team and the international team processes
- Manage special projects
What You'll Need:
- Recent Experience (5+ years) wtih Revenue Recognition at a publicly traded company
- Strong functional knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements, with SEC experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, Excellent organizational skills, Excellent written and verbal skills, Strong analytical skills
- CPA preferred, but not required
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Manager Revenue Accounting
Back to top