Manager of Revenue
Job Description Summary
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OF REVENUE
LOCATION: RESTON, VA
REPORTS TO: SENIOR DIRECTOR, REVENUE ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the Senior Director, Revenue Accounting, the Manager of Revenue will be responsible for supporting the global revenue team in overseeing the transformation of the revenue teams monthly close process including the process of booking contracts and other related close tasks. The Manager of Revenue will also supervise a team of Senior Accountants and Accountants day to day deliverables and collaborate with technical accounting and other key stakeholders in the company to ensure an effective accounting policies are being consistently applied while achieving a more efficient and effective close process. The individual must possess leadership qualities, excellent communication skills, the ability to work well within diverse environments and have an ability to effectively implement change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a team of Senior Accountants and Accountants and review their work such as contracts, invoices, monthly reconciliations and reportsEnsure compliance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and Corporate policy and procedures
- Provide technical accounting expertise and leadership on the treatment of accounting issues, such as the implementation of the new revenue accounting standards (606)
- Create policies and procedures for the revenue team to assist with the technical accounting research and documentation of accounting findings for complex transactions.
- Review and manage day to day revenue accounting tasks
- Work with stakeholders to develop an operational implementation plan for ASC 606
- Determine approach to maintaining parallel accounting of revenue under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Review the existing close process and look for opportunities to enhance the process to make it more efficientIdentify and implement best practices within the revenue team
- Evaluate existing processes and standards and develops new processes and standards where appropriate
- Drive consistency across the revenue accounting team
- Assist in the design of controls to the extent existing control framework lacks guidance and/or is no longer relevant and propose recommendations
- Interface with Internal Audit department to assist in the remediation process
- Work with international revenue teams to understand and document differences between local team and the international team processes
- Manage special projects
- Strong functional knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements, with SEC experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills; Netsuite preferred
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlinesSelf-motivated, able to work in a team and independentlyCPA, Big 4, with 5+ years of experience
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Manager of Revenue
Req ID: 20520
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top