Manager, Accounts Payable
Job Title: Manager, Accounts Payable
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager leads a team of 3 to 5 AP and payment specialists. The team owns the corporate vendor payment and employee travel & expense (T&E) payment functions, including: processing of vendor invoices (entry, audit, approval, workflow management, etc.), maintenance of the vendor master file, payment processing, monitoring and development of compliance/SOX controls (including 1099 processing), reconciliation of AP and T&E general ledger balances, customer service, and the audit and payment of employee travel and expense reports. The company operates in multiple foreign countries and foreign currencies. The AP and travel functions service many of those foreign entities/locations.
What You'll Do:
- The Accounts Payable Manager will own a variety of corporate functions related to the processing and payment of vendor invoices and employee travel and expense reports.
- The AP Manager will be responsible for all compliance/SOX related requirements, including the development and monitoring of key controls, reconciliation of general ledger balances and sub-ledgers, and design, implementation, and documentation of control processes.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of all processes, with a focus on maximizing cash flow, streamlining processes for efficiency, and improving the quality of customer service.
- Hire and develop direct reports.
- Provide timely, relevant performance feedback.
- Assess and organize the team for efficiency and control.
- Partner with key stakeholders (IT, Treasury, receiving, general ledger, etc.) to ensure smooth processes.
- Serve as the functional system administrator for AP and T&E.
- Create a positive, supportive environment, where folks are happy to come to workevery day.
- Receive, process, and retain vendor invoices and supporting documentation.
- Review/approve team processing activity and monitor invoice workflow (invoices awaiting receipt, open receiving, invoices out for approval, etc.).
- Prepare the weekly cash forecast for Treasury approval.
- Approve and release payments to vendors (checks, ACH, wire, etc.).
- Manage/monitor the vendor paycard process.
- Travel & Expense Review and approve expense reports.
- Monitor for compliance with corporate policies.
- Follow-up with employees to ensure timely submission of expenses.
- Generate and submit reimbursement files to payroll and accrual files to the general ledger.
- Analyze T&E spend for savings opportunities.
- Partner with travel service providers to maximize service levels.
- Partner with internal audit to design and implement effective internal controls.
- Maintain Policies and Procedures.
- Respond to internal and external audit requests.
- Provide accurate, timely information to support the requirements of financial reporting, technical accounting, and other organizations.
- Closely monitor/reconcile cash recorded in the general ledger
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (5) years of accounting/finance experience. Leadership experience may be considered in lieu of specific accounting/finance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP as it pertains to Accounts Payable processing and accruals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
At comScore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Manager, Accounts Payable
Req ID: 21128
Back to top