Lead System Engineer, NOC
comScore is looking for a Lead System Engineer - NOC to help lead a team capable of providing 24x7 tier 1 support of the comScore infrastructure in our Pune office.
The Infrastructure Operations team is responsible for supporting the servers, network and storage devices across all of comScore's data centers and cloud environments. We collect and process 65 Billion records daily which are used to run up to 100,000 jobs daily. These processes run in Hadoop, Greenplum and Windows environments on over 1000+ servers. Our team ensures that the environments are healthy and functioning as expected by monitoring dashboards, alerts and acting to resolve problems as quickly as possible.
TITLE: Lead System Engineer, NOC LOCATION: Pune, India REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
This team will monitor and troubleshoot issues within the network, storage & server environment. These environments exist on premise as well as in AWS and are a mixture of physical and virtual. This position will also be responsible for working with multiple teams in the US to create support and escalation procedures based on the impact to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage operational responsibilities of the NOC team
- Remote management and monitoring of 24 x 7 Network Operations
- Ability to create SOPs in conjunction with L2/L3 level Network, Storage & Server teams.
- Troubleshoot, prioritize and escalate issues to concerned technical teams.
- Define and communicate severity issues and to provide RCAs.
- Understanding of the ITIL process including Incident, Change & Knowledge management.
- Generate metrics and reporting for process improvement
- Provide on-call support
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2 to 5 years of Network infrastructure operations(NOC) experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow complex and detailed instructions
- Sense of action and assertiveness to resolve issues
- Desire for learning new technologies
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Desired Tools & Technology Experience:
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, SolarWinds, Cricket, Pager Duty
- Dell server monitoring tools, for example Dell Openmanage and iDRAC.
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
- Experience with CISCO switches 7k, 9k, Nexus
- Experience in handling hardware and SEL logs and differentiating between critical and non-critical events
- Familiarity with AWS architecture and monitoring tools
- Should have Virtualization experience using VMware
- Strong Windows administration proficiency
- Strong Linux command line proficiency
- SQL Server experience will be a plus
- The possibility to surround yourself with exceptionally talented individuals, widely regarded as leaders in the digital space
- Be part of a driven, collaborative and fun global team
- Flexible working environment
- Informal work atmosphere and great colleagues
- Possibility to work with cutting-edge technology in an innovative company
- Exposure to modern and innovative devices and gadgets
- Training, room for personal development and career growth
- Competitive salary & benefits
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers' multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
Lead System Engineer, NOC
Req ID: 19877
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top