Lead Statistical Analyst
Job Description Summary
comScore is looking for a Lead Statistical Analyst - Cross Media, responsible for developing methodology and leading R&D efforts for integrating TV and digital data for the comScore Audience suite.
comScore is a leading Internet technology company that measures what people do as they navigate the digital world and turns that information into insights and actions for our clients to maximize the value of their digital investments. We are in the need of a Lead Statistical Analyst in our Reston, VA location.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated person with project team leadership, excellent communication skills, and the ability to distill technical concepts down for non-technical audiences. The job requires leading a team of statisticians and analyst to improve the way we measure Internet and digital audiences while working closely across other analytics and product teams.
- This is a technical position requiring analytical and market research expertise; experience working with very large data sets is preferred.
- Project and task leadership responsibilities in guiding junior statistical staff as well as members of other teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively across internal teams and stakeholders with a wide variety of statistical backgrounds on a regular cadence.
- Willingness to work across teams to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Masters Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Social Sciences or similar degree with a focus on statistical methodology (PhD preferred but not required).
- 4+ years of professional experience.
- Programming experience in R or python (R strongly preferred).
- Proficient in SQL querying
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to autonomously manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a rapidly changing environment.
- Dedication to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Committed to meeting product specs and timelines across multiple projects
- Experience working with Big Data Analytics (e.g. Hadoop, SQL, Spark).
- Familiarity with agent based modeling, generalized linear models, machine learning (advanced clustering and classification methods), and/or dimension reduction techniques (e.g. principal component analysis)
- Experience with Digital Market Research.
- Experience with TV Market Research and Ratings data.
- Experience leading and managing small teams in production and research environments.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Christina acts in a client-facing capacity, prospecting for new businesses while strengthening current relationships, focused on satisfying clients with new solutions to enhance their business.
Back to top