September 9, 2021
Lead Software Engineer / Manager
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer / Manager
Location: Pune, MH, India
About This Role:
Comscore has an immediate opening for a Lead Engineer/Manager to join our Hollywood Software Product Development team, working on our three Digital Cinema applications (Cinema ACE, Enterprise Web and EMS), as well as handling product support during the U.S. team's off-hours for our valued clients, which include some of the largest movie theatre circuits in the world.
The Lead Engineer/Manager will be responsible for leading development of our SSRS reporting platform. Prior experience with SQL Server 2008-2019 (writing/updating database stored procedures and complex queries) is required, as is knowledge of SSRS and React.js/Redux web. He/she will also assist the U.S. development team in new .NET Core, SQL and React.js/Redux web platform development, in addition to overseeing troubleshooting of SQL database stored procedures/queries as needed to for client support.
Our ideal candidate should have a strong technical background as well as the ability to work within a fast-paced environment and manage both a team and multiple shifting priorities.
What You'll Do:
- Develop an understanding of our products, process, industry and technologies.
- Manage quality assurance and junior engineers assigned to the Exhibitor product line in remote office, assigning tasks, mentoring, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate IT concepts and terminology to non-technical clients and internal stakeholders.
- Organize and assign development tasks as part of a product release cycle based on business priorities.
- Complete development tasks as assigned, including any necessary debugging or unit testing.
- Enforce existing development procedures and coding standards.
- Complete code reviews.
- Estimate task efforts and meet delivery dates.
- Understand how each task relates to the overall product and the business in general.
- Participate in software support as necessary, by responding to inbound technical inquiries from clients via phone, email, online ticketing system or direct interaction in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide client product implementation support as needed.
- Participate in fine tuning development processes and procedures
- 7+ years of programming experience using most, or all of the following technologies:
- SSRS, including knowledge of RDL files and setting up report subscriptions
- .NET and/or C#.NET using Visual Studio
- MVVM architecture
- MVC architecture
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server from 2008 -2019, with solid experience writing complex stored procedures, triggers and functions for business logic required.
- Deep understanding of various browser compatibility issues.
- Understanding of Information Architecture and UX Design
- Consistently able to assess and evaluate problems and manage risk when recommending change.
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Experience with licensed product release cycles, client installations and configurations.
- Experience developing systems for Microsoft client and server operating systems.
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft TFS.
- Prior experience working within the Agile scrum product development process.
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities, including 3+ year managing people.
- Capability of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively with management, customers, testers, business analysts, client services and other developers.
- Strong analytical skills and experience troubleshooting code.
- Experience with any of the following tools:
- Visual Basic .NET
- Microsoft Windows Services
- Microsoft Azure environments
- Development experience with Crystal Reports.
- Previous experience with Theatrical Distribution, Exhibition and/or Digital Cinema businesses a plus.
The regular hours for this position will be IST business hours - typically 9am-6pm IST. Occasionally, later hours may be required for meetings with teams in other parts of the world. Additionally, for the first 2-3 months of onboarding and training, US Pacific time hours (IST -12:30) may be required.
- 13 days of privilege leave and 12 days of casual leave, earned on an accrual basis
- 12 days of paid sick leave per annum
- 10 days off for National Holidays and Festival, which ones are communicated by HR early in the calendar year
- Overtime-pay and double wages for working a minimum of 3 hours on Public Holidays
- Default one day a week off
- Medical insurance through Care Health Insurance Limited
- Internal Career Development Opportunities (minimum of 6 months tenure in current position and in discussion with supervisors)
- Access to hundreds of professional e-learning courses, specifically created for Comscore
- Be creative: You don't have to follow the norm to be successful - we encourage you to think outside the box. Our culture is built on encouraging innovative ideas, communication, and joint success.
- Informal Work Atmosphere: We believe in getting the job done in a comfortable, casual environment!
- The ability to become a truly global engineer, with exposure to markets across the world. With more than 30 offices around the world, many Comscore teams work together across locations.
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
This will be a foundational role on our Pune-based Hollywood Software team during a time of exponential growth for Comscore in Pune. The candidate for this role will be one of the first HS hires in Pune and will work with Comscore teams around the world on work vital to the future of Comscore and our clients.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.