Lead Software Engineer
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Comscore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company that measures what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We collect and process 60+ billion events each day, have 10s of petabytes online and each month our processes read nearly an exabyte. We use this capability to provide our clients with deep insights that no other company can match. Data Engineering is the team responsible for managing this vast dataset. We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge!
What You'll Do:
- Grow your team's abilities
- Champion development best practices
- Lead design reviews
- Recognize and celebrate exceptional performance
- Match work with Engineers' skills and career paths
- Coordinate with external teams
- Communicate business objectives
What You'll Need:
- 4 - 7 years of professional programming experience with Java and Hadoop, Scala is a huge plus
- 1 - 3 years of managing engineering teams
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong affinity towards working with data
- Enjoys working as a member of team and consider feedback a learning opportunity
- Comfortable in an environment that values quickly providing our customers with solutions
- Strong communicator
Nice to Have:
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, MPP databases)
- Prior experience in the audience measurement or campaign measurement space
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Lead Software Engineer
Req ID: 21346
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top