Lead, Data Analysis
comScore, a leading measurement technology company in the entertainment industry, is seeking a Lead, Custom Data Analysis in their Reston VA location. This role is for a dedicated individual proficient in data analysis, working with large datasets, managing complex initiatives, and focused on success. His/her primary responsibility is to lead projects in data analytics to build solutions that measure various actions in the digital world. This person will understand new sales opportunities, analyze large volumes of data, develop and deliver data reports, and collaborate across different functional teams.
Problems we are solving: What do people do when they are online and how is that different across devices? What new technologies have made legitimate disruptions in the digital landscape and what is the sizing of their impact. Why are there shifts in the ecosystems of search engines, social media, and retailers? How much of those trends are caused by company strategies as opposed to the evolution the general population's behavior? What can our clients do when they integrate with the astronomical sum of data comScore has?
- Lead successful data analytics engagements based on client business objectives
- Lead projects and align resources appropriately for deliveries and data requests
- Have a complete understanding of comScores syndicated deliveries and other comScore data assets
- Work directly with key clients and sales representatives to define business goals, and translate these into a data report structure
- Deliver reports to clients and account managers on time with accurate data
- Focus on account growth and recognize opportunities to extend to other clients.
- Ability to travel to client locations when needed
- Assist users in BI Tools and other enterprise solutions with a particular emphasis on creating a data-driven decision culture based on your measurement strategy
- Determine appropriate technologies to fulfill deliveries
- Utilize automation tools to scale deliveries and create efficiencies
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership in determining project objectives and delivering business goals
- 3-4 years of data analytics experience
- Strong leadership skills and proven data analytics success
- Experience in Digital Media Publishing and/or Technology industries
- BS Degree in Business, MIS, Operations Research or similar program
- Knowledge of the online marketing and specifically digital measurement to support online businesses
- Experience with Qlik technologies ideal
- Ability to code in SQL Server, GreenPlum, Hadoop, and Python preferred
- Strong writing and technical documentation skills
- Solid communication and listening skills, as well as presentation skills; Ability to translate technical requirements to non-technical customers and internal team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as it pertains to data collection and integration
- Sense of creativity to develop reporting solutions for clients
- Focus on efficiency and scalability with deliveries
- Self-motivated, fast learner with the ability to operate independently
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to help others
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lead, Data Analysis
Req ID: 20514
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top