December 3, 2021
Job Title: Fullstack Engineer - Movies
Location: Pune, India / Working Remotely possible
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all Comscore roles are currently remote
About This Role:
The Senior Fullstack Engineer works within a team and with multiple cross-functional teams to develop, support, and evolve a growing suite of customer facing web enabled applications in support of the motion picture industry. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. Our clients include movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and technical expertise to help derive new insights into their industry and gain a competitive advantage.
What You'll Do:
- Modify, write and document software programming applications
- Limited product design
- Code screen layouts, graphical user interfaces, printed outputs and interface with other systems
- Compile code into programs and corrects errors detected in compile process
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation
- Bug fixes and UI changes
- Demonstrate personal ownership and takes accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Follow development best practices and standards
- Join daily standup meetings to provide meaning updates and feedback about current work
- Estimate, design and develop quality enhancements to various systems
- Develop and maintain understanding of product architecture and its various modules
- Author, interpret, review, and debug software code
- Bachelor's degree in related field or area or 2+ years systems development experience
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures
- Understanding of software development best practices
- Working knowledge of either back end data processing or front-end reporting and UI frameworks, but preferably both.
- Must be able to efficiently communicate in English
The regular hours for this position will cover a combination of business hours in the US and India - typically 2pm-11pm IST. Occasionally, later hours may be required for meetings with teams in other parts of the world. Additionally, for the first 4-6 weeks of onboarding and training, US Pacific time hours (IST -12:30) may be required.
- 13 days of privilege leave and 12 days of casual leave, earned on an accrual basis
- 12 days of paid sick leave per annum
- 10 days off for National Holidays and Festival, which ones are communicated by HR early in the calendar year
- Overtime pay and double wages for working a minimum of 3 hours on Public Holidays
- Default one day a week off
- Medical insurance through Care Health Insurance Limited
- Internal Career Development Opportunities (minimum of 6 months tenure in current position and in discussion with supervisors)
- Access to hundreds of professional e-learning courses, specifically created for Comscore
- Be creative: You don't have to follow the norm to be successful - we encourage you to think outside the box. Our culture is built on encouraging innovative ideas, communication and joint success.
- Informal Work Atmosphere: We believe in getting the job done in a comfortable, casual environment!
- The ability to become a truly global employee, with exposure to markets across the world. With more than 30 offices around the world, many Comscore teams work together across locations.
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
This will be a foundational role on our Pune-based Engineering team during a time of exponential growth for Comscore in Pune. The candidate for this role will be one of the first Engineering hires in Pune and will work with Comscore teams around the world on work vital to the future of Comscore and our clients.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.