Database Administrator II
Data Base Administrator II
(This position can be a telecommute role within the United States)
The DBA is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company. It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
The Database Administrator will conduct thorough product testing and maintain agreed upon quality standards in order to provide the highest quality software products to both external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides level (I) user support to internal and external clients; troubleshoots and resolves database connectivity issues and escalates issues when necessary
- Creates basic applications; handles unique ad hoc requests
- Ensures adherence to disaster recovery and backup schedules; ensures backups take place and resolves any backup/restore failures.
- Handles server restarts on set schedules
- Handles user access request; grants and appropriate access level Provide on-call support
- 2-4 years of database administration experience of Postgres servers in a Linux enviroment
- Understanding of database administration, architecture and infrastructure
- Ability and willingness to provide after-hour and weekend support if needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
About comScore: comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere.
comScore is a recognized global leader in cross-platform measurement of audiences, advertising and consumer behavior. Built on precision and innovation, comScore combines proprietary TV, digital and movie viewing data with vast demographic details to measure consumers' multiscreen behavior at scale. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint that spans more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of media measurement.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Database Administrator II
Req ID: 20423
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top