Data Analyst - Operations
comScore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company that measures what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We are seeking a Data Analyst, in our Reston VA location, to mine our vast array of data assets and generate insights for our customers (internal and external). The analyst is responsible for improving data quality, robustness of our processes, and enhancement of methodologies. You must be self-motivated, possess strong communication and storytelling skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment while managing shifting priorities. You must iterate rapidly and be comfortable taking educated risks.
Are you passionate about internet technology? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of internet development in the entertainment industry? This individual should have a passion for driving and improving digital operations standards, supporting internet measurement products in multiple markets, and ultimately help scale data solutions to meet market demands. This role requires hands on data analysis, daily creative problem solving, driving new or improving existing solutions, and above all, delivering against comScore's operations objectives.
Problems we are solving:What, where, when, and how do people consume content? Which networks, sites, and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices? What is the total audience for publishers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile?
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop methodology, create new products, and design data quality solutions.
- Test new concepts and integrate into production process.
- Build custom solutions to meet market needs for audience measurement reporting.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system.
- Analyze trends and draw insights, solving problems for product management and client insights.
- Solve client driven data investigations.
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
- You will be the knowledge expert, delivering quality data to our clients.
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2-4 years of PROFESSIONAL and RELEVANT experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Strong experience with SQL and knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The nature of the teams dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned.
- Preferred:Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience. Ability to develop advanced solutions in Python. Experience with statistical software (ideally, R) or scientific computation software. Experience with panel data and/or Internet behavior data. Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies.
About comScore: comScore is a leading cross-platform measurement company that measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. Built on precision and innovation, comScore's data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and a global footprint in 70 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. Shares of comScore stock are currently traded on the OTC Market (OTC:SCOR). For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law
Data Analyst - Operations
Req ID: 20670
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top