Data Analyst - Operations
Job Title: Data Analyst - Operations
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
comScore is a leading cross platform audience measurement company that measures what matters to make audiences and advertising more valuable. We are seeking a Data Analyst, in our Reston VA location, to mine our vast array of data assets and generate insights for our customers (internal and external). The analyst is responsible for improving data quality, robustness of our processes, and enhancement of methodologies. You must be self-motivated, possess strong communication and storytelling skills, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment while managing shifting priorities. You must iterate rapidly and be comfortable taking educated risks.
Are you passionate about internet technology? Do you want to be on the cutting edge of internet development in the entertainment industry? This individual should have a passion for driving and improving digital operations standards, supporting internet measurement products in multiple markets, and ultimately help scale data solutions to meet market demands. This role requires hands on data analysis, daily creative problem solving, driving new or improving existing solutions, and above all, delivering against comScore's operations objectives.
Problems we are solving:What, where, when, and how do people consume content? Which networks, sites, and platforms are changing the behavior of consumer consumption? How and where is traditional TV viewing shifting towards internet connected devices? What is the total audience for publishers with fragmented content across TV, computer, and mobile?
Waht You'll Do:
- Develop methodology, create new products, and design data quality solutions.
- Test new concepts and integrate into production process.
- Build custom solutions to meet market needs for audience measurement reporting.
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new technologies.
- Exercise your experience in the development lifecycle through analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of this system.
- Analyze trends and draw insights, solving problems for product management and client insights.
- Solve client driven data investigations.
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data.
- You will be the knowledge expert, delivering quality data to our clients.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, etc.
- 2-4 years of PROFESSIONAL and RELEVANT experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Strong experience with SQL and knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex problems.
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- The nature of the teams dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned.
- Preferred:Hadoop or other comparable MapReduce experience. Ability to develop advanced solutions in Python. Experience with statistical software (ideally, R) or scientific computation software. Experience with panel data and/or Internet behavior data. Solid understanding of object oriented methodologies.
At comScore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Data Analyst - Operations
Req ID: 20670
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top