Data Analyst, Movies
Job Title: Data Analyst, Movies
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
The Comscore Movies division is looking for a Data Analyst who can produce customized deliverables for our valued theatrical partners. The Data Analyst will work closely with the SVP of Comscore's International Movie division to research film performance and audience behaviors to create reports for global exhibitors and distributors. If you are a dynamic individual with a passion for movies and have experience using data to help executives solve strategic business problems, this role will provide a great opportunity to advance your career.
What You'll Do:
- Qualified candidate will be charged with analyzing a variety of data sets across all International Movies offerings including box office grosses & admissions, exit polls, forecasts & projections and show times with the goal of offering partners in Exhibition and Distribution unique insights into a films performance - who went, why they went, when they went and what they thought.
- Analyzing these data sets and creating customized deliverables to our partners will increase awareness of how our scalable solutions can (and should) be used to better understand the landscape of the movie-going marketplace.
- Analyze industry leading behavioral and survey data to deliver strategic consulting services to users.
- Present research findings to large, executive-level audiences; the ideal candidate will be a dynamic presenter with experience presenting to large groups both in person and by webinar.
- Present data clearly and creatively; the ideal candidate will be able to create visually appealing decks with a strong sense of story and actionable recommendations.
- Lead industry relationships; the ideal candidate will have a track record of quickly establishing rapport with subscribers, communicating effectively and delighting in all aspects of service and delivery.
- Ultimately drive an increase in usage and sales for all of Comscore solutions
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology and 2-3 years of work experience in marketing, consulting or data analytics.
- Experience in entertainment, box office, or digital media experience a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers in a team-oriented operating structure.
- Work experience that is analytical in nature, such as experience with custom research or syndicated data.
- Excellent project management skills; track record of hitting deadlines while managing complex workstreams and prioritizing multiple demands.
- The proven ability to independently manage and develop ongoing external relationships.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of data.
- Pro-active, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude.
- Adaptable person who is at ease with rapidly changing requirements of a fast-paced tech company environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Data Analyst, Movies
Req ID: 21406
Back to top