Counsel, Privacy & Compliance
Job Title: Counsel, Privacy & Compliance
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a JD with an experienced data privacy background and knowledge and familiarity with compliance programs and implementation. This individual contributor will be comfortable working with both the strategic and tactical elements of the company's privacy and compliance functions. This individual will work closely with the Associate General Counsel supporting privacy and compliance efforts for comScore.
Additionally, this position oversees the development of relationships on behalf of comScore with anti-virus companies and requires someone with an ability to communicate and operate in conjunction with technical and operational personnel, privacy advocates, anti-virus companies, and legal staff.
What You'll Do:
- Support Associate General Counsel in:
- Providing consultation and support to business units and functions regarding privacy concepts, legal and regulatory requirements, information classification, best practices, and controls.
- Developing solutions to ensure compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies representing all aspects of the company's global business operations to include its products, product development, data collection, software, data retention, transfer and deletion
- Conducting functional analysis of business processes involving the collection, processing or disclosure of personal information, identify issues and potential risks, coordinate the documentation of process improvements, development or resolution or mitigation plans, and recommend safeguards and controls.
- Monitoring, researching and analyzing existing, proposed and new laws, regulations and policies globally with respect to their present and future impact upon company operations.
- Managing and reviewing all comScore privacy policies; respond to customer, partner, vendor, third party, and consumer privacy and compliance inquiries.
- Establish and maintain high-level relationships with the major global anti-virus (AV) software vendors through direct outreach, industry conferences and other venues and contacts.
- Represent comScore's interests as a market and media research leader for purposes of whitelisting our various research metering software, establishing appropriate relationships and contacts to receive and preview new comScore meter versions and resolving inadvertent AV flagging as expeditiously as possible.
- JD from an accredited law school with strong academic record required; exception may be made to education requirement for a privacy and compliance professional with 8+ years of pertinent experience.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of legal experience with 2+ years demonstrated track record of increased responsibility in corporate privacy and compliance functions. Knowledge of, and experience with a variety of state, federal, and international privacy, security and/or data protection laws and regulations, as well as familiarity with readiness in meeting upcoming global data privacy laws, such as GDPR, CASL. Previous experience leading privacy and compliance initiatives required. Public company experience, in-house, and/or familiarity with software or big data preferred.
- Previous experience leading or advising multidisciplinary teams. Strong ability to work and communicate with others, identify and analyze issues and their broader implications for business; develop practical legal advice.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment, self-starter, collaborator, well-organized, and solutions-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage a large volume of current priorities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to advocate for a position while remaining open-minded to different, creative approaches to solutions.
At comScore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
comScore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, comScore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, comScore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about comScore, please visit comScore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, comScore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Counsel, Privacy & Compliance
Req ID: 21065
Meet Some of comScore's Employees
Ian works to create rich custom data analytics for comScore clients across a variety of verticals, each with unique needs—providing Ian with plenty of complex challenges.
Back to top