Job Title: Account Executive
Location: New York, NY
About This Role:
The Account Executive will be responsible for assisting and supporting the sales team in driving sales growth and renewals among existing and new clients. The successful candidate's core focus will be to help diversify & grow our business across with a defined client base.
We are seeking a high performing individual with a few years' experience in the advertising space who wants to take the next step in their career into a sales role. The ideal candidate combines analytical excellence, razor-sharp communication skills and an ability to build outstanding client relationships as well as a relentless work ethic and a desire to aggressively further business in an innovative, fast-paced company. Our ideal candidate will have understanding of how television networks apply data and insights to all aspects of their business to drive distribution, viewership and monetize inventory. Experience with Comscore's solutions such as Comscore's TV suite of products- TV Essentials and OnDemand Essentials, as well as Comscore's Validated Campaign Essentials and our core syndicated Media Metrix suite is a big plus.
What You'll Do:
- The Account Executive will support the company's goals through a range of business development, consulting, and analytic sales functions
- The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the sales team in selling our unique solutions suite to a roster of television networks, leveraging Comscore's core capabilities to address clients' strategic and tactical business challenges
- Develop and then utilize specialized Comscore product knowledge to conduct detailed technical product demonstrations tailored to highlight the value and benefits that Comscore's suite of solutions brings to the client. These demonstrations will illustrate our unique value proposition of providing insights that can enable the networks to make more effective decisions for their advertising sales strategy, viewer insights, marketing and content distribution needs.
- Build knowledge of each network/network group business, in order to use real and detailed examples to demonstrate how the Comscore solutions suite can assist them in achieving their business objectives
- Partner with colleagues to uncover and understand the business needs and challenges of our clients and address these through business analysis, recommendations and ongoing consultation based on our unique information services and ability to assess markets, customers, competitors and prospects
- Forge solid, strategic relationships with key decision makers at targeted accounts as well as with internal account relationship stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of the media industry, plus expertise in content distribution channels, monetization channels and currency marketing trends, and a solid understanding of television measurement services
- Ability to communicate successfully with a diverse set of clients and decision makers, spanning all levels of organizations and across various functional areas (data/analytics, research, planning, activation, etc.)
- Educate and reinforce Comscore's value proposition through key messaging and providing deeper understanding of benefits to clients
- Help identify business opportunities with current as well as new clients and help source new leads
- Educate and provide support in sales presentation skills to team
- Assist and support the sales team in achieving strategic and account-specific business plans and deliver them successfully
- Partner with the team to drive sales through organic growth of current client roster and actively sourcing new revenue through new sales. Assist with sales reporting, pipeline management, contract completions, deliverables via Salesforce and other tools
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn from team members and help motivate other salespeople to meet quotas and foster team collaboration
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years' experience in digital, TV, media research or related sales or client facing experience
- Client facing professional with a proven track record of success in the digital marketing industry (online publisher/media company, digital client, or market research firm)
- Breadth of experience and ability to strategically position digital data and analytics to propose and win business with clients. Specific experience managing or selling advertising effectiveness services preferred
- Up-to-date knowledge of Comscore solutions preferred
- Knowledge of market research and how information can be applied to help clients achieve their goals
- Strong relationships and understanding of overall business and challenges, media planning and buying and deep knowledge of digital, research, &TV
- Experience in media planning and buying agencies is essential to develop relevant, contextual and compelling experience-based examples
- Strong communication skills; particularly the ability to create compelling, story-based demonstrations to illustrate applicability of our analytics solution's suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and account management aptitude; ability to quickly build trust within a large and diverse client organization
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
Back to top