Video Processing and 3D Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
- Seattle, WA
Compass RE/kognition team makes it easy for customers to add text, image and video analysis to real estate applications with no machine learning expertise required. With Compass RE/kognition, you can enrich listing description, tag rooms and listings, identify objects and scenes in text, image and video and provide immersive virtual tour experiences from physical or creative data sources.
RE/kognition’s goal is to disruptively improve customers' experience and business by creating a text, image and video-analysis platform for real estate applications. Team’s tenets:
- We develop text, image and video-analysis solutions for agents to leverage to grow their business. Agents and their clients can easily understand the problems we are solving, and will share our conviction that these solutions will help them win and serve more clients.
- We embrace radical simplicity. We strive to deliver very simple user experiences that enable agents to adopt with as little effort as possible. We also prefer simple and scalable solutions to complex ones.
- We don’t reinvent the wheel. We take pains to benchmark and understand state of the art open source and cloud AI solutions. We use this learning to achieve speed and quality in our work, and leverage existing tools when it makes sense to #MoveFast on behalf of our customers.
- We do rapid prototyping to test ideas with customers. We believe that low cost mockups, hackathons and quick prototypes are invaluable for learning what works. We are not afraid of failed prototypes or ideas that didn’t work when tested with customers, because we believe that even a few amazing wins from our process of rapid iteration will more than compensate for early failures.
- We build APIs that are productized, platformized and reusable. We build and own well-designed APIs that can be easily integrated by many Compass applications, and follow the best practices of API design, documentation and support.
Currently, the team has positions for talented video processing and 3D computer vision engineers or scientists. The successful candidates have the opportunity to create/lead new projects in the area of video processing and 3D Computer vision for a Pre-IPO company.
Responsibilities include working closely with engineers, designers, and product managers to invent software prototypes for video and 3D computer vision technologies in the real estate industry. You will have the opportunity to:
- Help create, build, deploy and test novel video processing and 3D computer vision systems and algorithms.
- Have an impact on shipping applications with millions of users.
- Help define this new effort from the start.
- Opportunity to create/lead the video processing and 3D CV projects
Specifically, the team is looking for video processing and 3D computer vision scientist/engineer, with a good blend of science and engineering skills.
- Build, develop and deploy performant and scalable image processing/enhancement, video stitching services
- Build, develop and deploy 3D computer vision services
- Collaborate with product managers and work with an engineering-focused, iterative team to build and establish product requirements
- Quickly prototype new demos and systems for real estate image and video processing
- Quickly prototype new demos and systems for 3D images and videos
- Build 3D systems on top of state-of-the-art CV algorithms across Compass’ platforms, as well as third-party services
- Iterate and prototype rapidly
- MS in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics or Computer Science
- Must possess a strong background in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics
- Outstanding skills in C & C++ with experience in writing robust and maintainable production code
- Experience with image processing or video processing or 3D computer vision projects
- Experience in optimization on GPU / CPU / other architectures (CUDA, SSE, NEON, OpenMP or other SIMD)
- Experience with 3D meshes / Object reconstruction / registration / classification/ recognition
- Knowledge of WebGL / OpenGL / OpenCV/ video codec / video processing
- Testing, documentation, and verification of image/video processing or 3D computer vision algorithm/systems
- Ph.D. in Computer Vision or Computer Graphics or Computer Science.
- Prior experience involving image processing, video processing, geometrical computer vision is a big plus.
- Prior experience involving 3D reconstruction, multiple-view geometry, image-based rendering is a big plus.
- Experience with existing computer vision libraries such as OpenCV, PCL, CGAL, Eigen, etc.
- Experience with Texture projection, generation, completion using patch match algorithms.
- Experience with computational imaging/photography.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms such as SVM, decision forest, deep learning, etc.
- Has experience with Agile methods, Scrum / Kanban / etc.
- Knowledge of scripting language, e.g. Python, Bash, etc.
- Camera and/or video pipeline knowledge and experience.
Back to top