Vice President, Continuous Improvement
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
The Vice President, Continuous Improvement will be responsible for the successful management and execution of our national process improvement initiatives. Acting as the partner to the Product and Engineering Teams in aiding the design and deployment of in-house technology, the Vice President, Continuous Improvement will be responsible for overall operational efficiency. They will look across the entire organization to identify and prioritize efficiency opportunities and enhancements to the customer experience. This will encompass an extensive evaluation of the existing process and the design and implementation of repeatable, efficient and sustainable process solutions. This person will also be responsible for working closely with the department leadership while applying business process improvement, project management, and change management methodologies with oversight from the Chief Business Offer to ensure alignment in reaching objectives.
What you will do:
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the business through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking with a focus on develop sustainable, repeatable, and quantifiable business process improvements
- Work with key business stakeholders, and multi-jurisdictional ‘LEAN champions’, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change
- Develop data driven presentations and business cases that provide analytical insight and recommendations on standardization and process improvement
- Take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls
- Elicit requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Define, develop, and evaluate performance metrics to establish process success.
- Work with multiple stakeholders, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Review data post-implementation to measure success; participate in defining standards of improvement success
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and managed at all times; proactively identify solutions to address risks in advance
- Prepare process recommendation documents, including presentations, process maps, supporting metrics, business requirements, SOPs and related impact analyses
Who you are:
- Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Certification required
- Experience in the residential real estate market or financial services preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead service improvement/’WorkOut’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping)
- A ‘completer-finisher’ taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success
- Experience of hands-on design and implementation of continuous improvement programs and Lean solutions
- Experience designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure
- The ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of employees ranging from C-suite executives to individual contributors
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to deliver high quality work products
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to completion within established timeline utilizing resources effectively; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to think independently, handle ambiguity and make continuous progress towards meeting business objectives.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top