User Research Manager - Search
Compass is building an agent-centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded research manager to help us take our research practice to the next level. As a Manager of User Research at Compass you will be responsible for managing a team of user researchers focusing on Search (both Agent and Consumer) while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned UX Researcher with multiple years of experience managing small-to-medium sized teams of researchers.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, hire, empower, and retain a team that effectively handles research initiatives
- Collaborate with other research managers and research leads in order to own and evangelize user research across the organization
- Acts as a coach and mentor, conducting research as well as leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges
- Develop and implement overall research strategy and processes for the organization
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and usability studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Conduct and create impact from your own hands-on research
- Identify gaps in the UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field; MA/MS or higher is a plus
- 8+ years of work experience in UX research or related applied research setting (preferably within product development)
- 3+ years experience of managing researchers
- Experience with and understanding of a range of industry-standard UX research methods and techniques as well as knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
- Extensive experience providing research and insights leading to compelling and quality interfaces
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top