User Research Manager
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded research manager to help us take our research practice to the next level. As a Manager of User Research at Compass you will be responsible for managing a team of user researchers while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned UX Researcher with multiple years of experience managing small-to-medium sized teams of researchers.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, hire, empower, and retain a team that effectively handles research initiatives
- Collaborate with other research managers and research leads in order to own and evangelize user research across the organization
- Acts as a coach and mentor, conducting research as well as leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges
- Develop and implement overall research strategy and processes for the organization
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and usability studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Conduct and create impact from your own hands-on research
- Identify gaps in the UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field; MA/MS or higher is a plus
- 8+ years of work experience in UX research or related applied research setting (preferably within product development)
- 3+ years experience of managing researchers
- Experience with and understanding of a range of industry-standard UX research methods and techniques as well as knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
- Extensive experience providing research and insights leading to compelling and quality interfaces
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top