User Experience Program Manager Lead
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we build digital experiences for real estate agents and their clients, the buyers and sellers they work with every day. We design and deliver tech-powered productivity tools that streamline the experience of finding, buying, and selling a home. Our Product Design & User Research Team is looking for a collaborative and strategic leader to establish and scale best-in-class user experience program management practices. In this role, you have the opportunity to define and refine how we work as a design team, how we partner with product and engineering peers, and how we continue to bring revolutionary products and services to one of the biggest industries in the world.
As the first full-time UXPM on the team, you will lead projects throughout the concept, planning, design, and development lifecycle while building a team to support the organization. Your emphasis will be on planning and prioritizing design deliverables, resource management, schedule tracking, mitigating project risks, and collaborating with design, content, and research leads to deliver innovative solutions across multiple workstreams.
You will define the framework for how UXPMs function at Compass, collaborating to establish best practices for the Design and Research organization, and setting the foundation for meaningful collaboration among product, design, and engineering.
At Compass, you will:
- Set the foundation for the UXPM discipline and build the framework for the future UXPM team to support a growing design and research organization.
- Collaborate with and guide processes for the Design team, enabling the delivery of smart, powerful experiences.
- Apply your breadth of experience to model, prototype, iterate, and advance the way our team works.
- Establish repeatable and scalable processes to aid in the planning and execution of multiple parallel UX projects.
- Anticipate challenges and opportunities to mitigate risks.
- Highlight efficiencies and reconcile possible collision points between different product offerings, features, and platforms.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders and partners and build trust across teams.
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates on key initiatives.
- Evaluate and implement new tools with researchers, designers, and cross-functional partners to solve for our growing need to collaborate.
What we look for:
- Embodies our Entrepreneurship principles - Obsess About Opportunity, Move Fast, and Dream Big.
- Has At least 5-7 years of experience managing scalable Design Operations. Experience shipping products is key.
- Exemplifies excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and uses them to roll out large-scale programs effectively.
- Can efficiently manage cross-functional projects, dependencies, and bottlenecks.
- Understands how to escalate issues, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Demonstrates skills and confidence in weighing risk and making fast decisions; knows when to release quickly and when to “measure twice.”
- Can work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeks and provides opportunities to improve and expand the team, including team members’ skills and experiences.
- Exhibits an autonomous mastery of craft and best practices.
- Develops scalable process improvements that maximize talent allocation and achieve high-level business objectives.
- Has a background in working with and inside collaborative, multi-disciplinary Design teams.
Back to top