Transaction Coordinator - NYC
- New York, NY
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Transaction Coordinator, you will work on a team that handles compliance and administrative details throughout the transaction process. Our team provides support that ensures a smooth path to closing for our agents. Your goal is to make life easier for agents every step of the way in the pending to close paperwork process. From managing the paperwork involved in multiple property types to ensuring the agent is paid quickly and accurately after the closing, you will play an integral role in maintaining the workflow of this part of the agent’s business.
What You Will Do:
- Document tracking for a large volume of real estate transactions
- Ensuring Agents are paid accurate commissions with a short turn-around time
- Ensure all necessary signatures on pending contracts, disclosures and other necessary documentation are completed for file compliance
- Participation in various projects and assignments amongst the Transactions team
- Review and follow up to daily reports pulled from various systems
- Professionally handle incoming requests from agents and ensure that issues are
- resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Pinpoint key issues and gaps in the pending to close process and work towards creating improvements
Who You Are:
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- 3+ years of professional experience preferred
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Continuous desire to improve existing processes
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and problem-solve with minimal supervision
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top