Transaction Coordinator - Chicago
- Chicago, IL
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the country’s top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell and rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, and have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
As a Transaction Coordinator, you will work on a team that oversees all compliance and administrative details throughout the transaction process. The support our Transaction Coordinators provide allows our Agents to focus on building client relationships and advancing their businesses. Our team provides full-service support and acts as the central point of contact for all relevant stakeholders and ensures a smooth path to closing. From document preparation to deadline tracking to requesting online testimonials, your goal is to make life easier for agents and clients every step of the way. You will also work hand in hand with local lenders and title companies, bringing extensive experience and strong industry contacts to each and every contract you process.
*This position will be based out of our Chicago River North office.
What you will do:
- Document tracking for large volume of real estate transactions
- Ensure real estate contracts are processed properly and in a timely matter, with a focus on the details
- Managing and tracking contract deadlines to ensure all timelines are met
- Ensuring Agents are paid accurate commissions with a short turn-around time
- Ability to digest detailed contracts and make informed decisions based on content
- Careful attention to file review requirements
What we are looking for:
- 1-2+ years of real estate experience is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Real estate license is helpful but not required
- Customer service oriented personality
- Impeccable attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top