Technical Program Manager
- Hyderabad, India
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Compass (www.compass.com) is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new world class office at Financial District, Hyderabad. The new office will help with the expansion and growth of Compass engineering and will have a huge impact in bringing us closer towards our mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.
India Development centre is the result of the vision of Joseph Sirosh who is a Silicon valley pioneer and the vision is being propelled further into a fast growing and expanding growth centre by Raju Matta who is an industry stalwart with the best academic and experiential credentials
About the Role:
A Technical Program Manager at Compass is empowered to drive cross-cutting initiatives across our product and engineering organization. The initiatives you drive will span deep technical improvements such as performance and reliability, development and deployment of scalable engineering systems (e.g. shift to microservices architecture), and product and data initiatives (e.g. instrumentation of customer usage and sentiment). You will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient and consistent, and set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, evaluating risks and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and scale and define vision for your team and the company
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Be respected by a team of highly technical and top talent engineers
- Help build a scalable engineering culture for hundreds of top talent engineers by leveraging modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science
- Minimum 8+ years of software engineering experience with 4+ years of technical program management experience.
- Proven track record of technical program management in top talent and high performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams and managers
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top