Strategic Growth Manager
- Our Strategic Growth team is the face of the company and the engine of our market expansion. As a Strategic Growth Manager, you are directly responsible for driving net-new revenue.
- In its simplest form, the SGM’s role is to bring top producing agents to Compass by effectively selling the Compass value proposition (technology, marketing, culture and growth). Successful SGMs influence top agents to leave their current brokerage and join Compass. Since every agent is an independent contractor they can take their business wherever they receive the best value and support.
- The role is similar to an Enterprise Sales role due to size of deal, complexity of sale, objection handling, negotiation and length of process. The refreshing part of this sale is that you are working directly with decision-makers, thus eliminating many of the hassles of selling to large corporations.
- This is a quota carrying role. Your quota per quarter is metric’d by the amount of Gross Commision Income (GCI) you successfully bring to Compass. GCI is a way to quantify an agent and equates to the amount of commission an agent’s produced in the prior 12 month period. Our deal size is anywhere from $200k - $3M+, with an average time to close at about 30 days.
- You can meet quota each quarter by bringing on a number of individual agents or large agent teams. Your quota is based on the prior 12 months performance of that agent or team. It is not contingent upon their future production once at Compass.
- You are tasked with helping agents understand why their business, and their clients, will benefit by moving to Compass.
- This is a more humanized sale than your average Enterprise Sales deal as you are dealing directly with decision makers. You can think of every agent as the CEO of their own business - with that comes a heightened degree of empathy needed to be successful in the sale, but also the ability for quick decisions.
- Think about a top producing agent who’s been with a brokerage for 15+ years. Their personal and professional identity is often wrapped up in that brokerage’s brand. Successfully decoupling an agent from their prior brokerage takes outstanding patience, listening, agility and ultimate focus to get the deal done.
- The equally demanding need for high IQ and EQ in this role has resulted in an incredibly high performing and driven team of diverse backgrounds such as investment banking, management consulting, law and enterprise sales.
- By virtue of the space we are operating in, the talent on the team and the incredible momentum in our business, we are seeing our SGM’s conservatively generate 15x more revenue per head than the top tech firms in the world.
- B.A. or B.S. with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, glass-half-full mentality
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top