Staff UX Writer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Our growing design team is seeking a proven UX Writer that will lead in the scale, foundation, vision, building and optimization of the language in our digital products. You will lead in the crafting and setting the foundation of our user experience by creating clear, useful, guiding and friendly text that leads users, navigates, consumes information, completes tasks that effectively scales across any concerns related to this role. A proven UX writer that understands the depth of importance of effective UX writing in overall design systems and has a proven track record of developing voice and brand standards. Ability to work with across teams and key leaders in establishing the foundation and growth of UX writing.
At Compass You Will:
- Write clear, concise user-interface text for products across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Lead the UX writing for the company and establish proven foundation for future growth
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of contact for user experience writing with an emphasis on building, planning and executing plans that scale.
- Develop our brand voice and establish content standards across products and platforms.
- Create and continuously refine our UI and copy style guide as part of our design system.
- Provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
- Work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and marketing.
- Write for different audiences (e.g., consumer, enterprise) and adapt your tone for the reader’s situation.
- Work with researchers to conduct user studies to test and optimize content over time.
- Provide thoughtful feedback on design and product decisions.
- Ability to focus on the platform so that the look and feel are intuitive and understanding of the language of real estate.
What We Look For:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of content and writing abilities, such as interaction flows/screens, emails, and styles guides that scale
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7+ years of experience writing or editing for web and mobile experiences
- Excellent writing, communication, and strategic skills that scale
- Native fluency in written and verbal English
- Experience working in an iterative, agile environment
- Familiarity with iOS and Android interface guidelines
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top