Staff User Researcher
Compass is building an agent-centric real estate platform that helps agents and consumers effectively work with one another to buy and sell homes. We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded UX research lead to help us take our research practice to the next level. As a Staff UX Researcher at Compass you will be responsible for leading all user research in the growing area of Search and Listings while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team that includes UX Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and Product Marketing Managers. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned UX Researcher with multiple years of experience leading research for complex cross-functional products in both, B2B and B2C environments.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop and implement overall research strategy and processes for the area of focus.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers to prioritize research initiatives and user studies in a faced paced, rapidly growing environment
- Activate research findings throughout the product and engineering organization through written reports and oral presentations.
- Act as a coach and mentor, conducting research as well as leading other researchers toward innovative and creative thinking when approaching research challenges
- Conduct and create impact from hands-on research
- Identify gaps in the overall UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements
What We Look For:
- BA/BS degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field; MA/MS or higher is a plus
- 7+ years of work experience in UX Research or related applied research setting (preferably within product development)
- 3+ years experience of being a lead researcher on large products
- Experience with and understanding of a range of industry-standard UX research methods and techniques as well as knowledge of when and how to apply those methods during different phases of the product development process
- Excellent written communication and compelling presentation style that helps you get buy in for your ideas
- Extensive experience providing research and insights leading to compelling and quality interfaces
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top