Staff Product Designer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity to design and build a world-class technology platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded product design lead to help us take our platform to the next level. As a Staff Product Designer at Compass, you will be responsible for leading customer experiences across the platform, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams that include UX Researchers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Product Marketing. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Designer with multiple years of experience leading design for complex cross-functional products in both B2B and B2C environments.
At Compass You Will:
- Exhibit an autonomous mastery of craft and best practices
- Set strategy for and lead large complex, high impact projects
- Simplify complex concepts and quickly turn around in-depth user flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
- Be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience across the platform
- Exemplify excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Partner closely with research, product managers, and engineers across multiple product teams
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration and ideation
- Leverage research and data insights as second nature in framing problems and driving decisions
- Demonstrate skills and confidence in weighing risk and making fast decisions - knows when to release quickly and to “measure twice”
What We Look For:
- 10+ years of experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience working with B2B and/or B2C preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent amount of experience
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience with research and human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience solving complex challenges with simple user-centered design solutions
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience in standard design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Principle
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top