Staff Fullstack Engineer - CRM
Staff Fullstack Engineer - CRM
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization. Washington DC’s vast talent pool and legacy of innovation make the city a perfect destination for our newly formed CRM team - come help craft the culture as we launch our new campus!
At Compass You Will:
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Lead in the planning, development, and scaling of a microservice ecosystem that allows for rapid and independent development by many teams.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Lead by example in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team and systems around you.
What We Look For:
- 7+ years writing well-tested, high-performance, database-driven web applications and backends
- In-depth knowledge of Go or Ruby on Rails, along with their respective ecosystems.
- Experience with Redux, Typescript, NPM, Webpack is a plus
- Experience designing large systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion with a particular emphasis on industry standard best practices.
- In-depth experience with several of PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka.
- In-depth experience with Heroku and/or AWS
- In-depth experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience leading multiple products/systems throughout their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, and maintenance.
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Check out our Engineering blog!
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top