Software Engineer - Insights and Analytics
- Seattle, WA
Software Engineer - Insights & Analytics team
About the Role
The Insights & Analytics team is a v1 team that is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. Our mission is to build the best in it’s class analytics platform and insights experience in the real estate industry for our customers, their clients, and our staff to consume. We want to empower real estate professionals and users with insights for all aspects of their real estate business and workflows (eg. market trends, listings data, marketing campaigns, etc.), so users can be experts in their field, stay invaluable to their clients, make data-driven decisions to grow their business. We are building intuitive tools for our customers to understand complex real estate trends and empower them to make informed decisions. This requires us to collaborate with agents, data teams, product, design and AI team and continuously experiment with ideas, compute real time analytics from big data and build innovative algorithms to surface the right content. We strive to build the best question answer systems and the best visualizations and launch products that our customers transacting in real estate can’t live without.
Working in the Insights and Analytics team will give you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing game changing capabilities to the product in its infancy. You will be instrumental in developing the platform, comprising the back end services, streaming and batch data processing jobs, and building real time services with hardened APIs. Along with this you would be developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of solving complex estate problems.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
What We Look For:
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective communicator.
- Familiarity with GO, Python, SQL.
- Familiarity with ETL pipelines, Spark, AWS.
- Production container platform experience (Docker or Kubernetes)
- Experience working with AWS Web Services (EKS, EC2 etc.)
- Observability platform experience (DataDog, ELK, or Splunk)
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with relational databases (Postgres, SQL etc.)
- History of improving reliability and resiliency for your applications
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top