Software Engineer ( Front End ) - Marketing Center
- Hyderabad, India
Software Engineer ( Front End )
Compass (www.compass.com) is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new world class office at Financial District, Hyderabad. The new office will help with the expansion and growth of Compass engineering and will have a huge impact in bringing us closer towards our mission of helping everyone find their place in the world.
India Development centre is the result of the vision of Joseph Sirosh who is a Silicon valley pioneer and the vision is being propelled further into a fast growing and expanding growth centre by Dr. Jaideep Ganguly who heads the Compass India Development Centre.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role :
The Marketing Center team is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. This is the team that is building an industry leading digital marketing software. Marketing themselves and marketing their properties is a key success criteria for our customers - real estate agents. We are changing the way our customers do marketing in the current times taking advantage of social media, mobile, AI and vast amounts of data and insights, and turning tedious and mundane marketing tasks into simple, beautiful and effective marketing material and techniques that that everyone loves.
As an engineer on the team, you will specifically work in Typescript, React and Redux to help build our second generation WYSIWYG editor. This will involve creating an editing experience that is maximally customizable for the user while placing heavy emphasis on managing render performance in the browser and utilizing modern HTML5 Canvas APIs as well as multiple first class OSS libraries like DraftJS, MoveableJS and more.
Additionally, you will be responsible for designing multiple atomic components, written in a Functional style and utilizing React Hooks for state management. Components will be developed with the help of React Storybook and each component will have heavy emphasis on modern unit testing using Jest.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with TypeScript, Redux, Webpack and the HTML5 APIs is a plus.
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applicationsStrong critical thinking skills, great communication skills and passionate about delivering exceptional customer experience
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- 3+ years experience preferred, but we are hiring at all levels
Back to top