Senior Technical Program Manager
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we will tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
Technical Program Managers at Compass are empowered to drive complex cross-functional initiatives across our Product and Engineering organizations. Your projects will range from deep technical improvements such as performance and reliability improvement, to implementing scalable development practices, to creating new products and data initiatives. You will look for ways to standardize and ensure execution, efficiency, and consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, and set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear and fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Own the end-to-end delivery of multiple technical programs that may span multiple organizations and locations (NY, DC, Seattle, Hyderabad.)
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, UX Designers, and others to plan and execute technical programs.
- Act as a key contributor to sprints and high-level planning, both quarterly and yearly.
- Own KPIs for your teams and your technical programs.
- Drive operational excellence and process improvement.
- Partner with Product and Engineering leaders to define a vision for your teams and the company.
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers, and sellers.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products, and act as an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Create clarity and drive decision making with data and metrics through well-written executive-level and team-level documents.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication — excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl.
- Experience with reporting and database query languages such as SQL.
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams and managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery).
- Self-drive and ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
See Inside the Office of Compass
Started in 2013, Compass began with the mission to simplify the process of buying, selling, or renting a home. Co-founders Robert Reffkin and Ori Allon set out to revolutionize real estate through a simple, technology-powered platform that was transparent and efficient for every single user. After revolutionizing the New York market, Compass expanded to D.C., Maryland, and Virginia—and has plans to continue expanding nationwide.
Back to top