Senior Technical Program Manager
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
At Compass, Technical Program Managers are responsible for delivering programs end-to-end. Generalist TPMs operate on a wide variety of cross-functional technical programs across our Product and Engineering organizations. These programs can range from deep technical improvements such as performance and reliability improvement, metrics and instrumentation, to creating new products and data initiatives. Our TPMs look for ways to standardize and ensure execution, efficiency, and consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, and set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear and fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Dive deep into a particular area of the business and learn our business focus, products, and technical architecture.
- Drive high-level system thinking and make sure that new systems and services work in harmony with existing systems and APIs.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products, and act as an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Plan, manage, and deliver multiple technical programs that may span multiple organizations and locations (NY, DC, Seattle, Hyderabad).
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and others to plan and execute technical programs.
- Act as a key contributor to the agile practice at Compass and high-level planning, both quarterly and yearly.
- Own KPIs for your technical programs.
- Drive operational excellence and process improvement across the organization.
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers, and sellers.
- Create clarity and drive decision making with data and metrics through well-written executive-level and team-level narratives.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Previous experience as a software engineer is a must.
- Solid System Design and Software Architecture skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication — excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl.
- Experience with reporting and database query languages such as SQL.
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams and managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery).
- Knowledge of AWS and modern cloud architectures.
- Self-drive and ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top