Senior Support Engineer II
- Hyderabad, India
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Support Engineering acts as the authority on all support-related matters within Product & Engineering (P&E). We are looking for a Sr. Support Engineer who loves solving customer problems. You will coordinate with other customer-facing departments such as our Product Support Leads to ensure that technical issues are resolved & complex projects are successful, and you will collaborate with P&E teams to escalate bugs and conduct root cause analyses for observed patterns. You will coordinate and enforce the Compass bug resolution process with other support teams, and address requirements for support personnel, internal tools and updated processes during product development discussions. You will also use effective methods (e.g., in-product notifications) to communicate full/partial outages and scheduled maintenance to customers.
- 4+ years of application support experience.
- Strong leadership skills and technical/product expertise.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have deep customer empathy, and obsess about troubleshooting problems and resolving customer issues.
- You have the ability to learn a complex product inside out, and discover creative workarounds to customer issues.
- You are proficient with modern ticketing and issue tracking applications (e.g., Zendesk, Canny, Opsgenie, and JIRA), as well as messaging applications (e.g., Braze, Intercom).
- You are a self-starter capable of working independently as well as contributing to the team’s requirements.
- You are flexible regarding hours and willing to commit to providing customer notifications during weekends.
- Knowledge in databases, web development, REST APIs, and iOS troubleshooting is highly desired.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Provide Tier-3 technical support for issues escalated by first line support teams. Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Identify problems with P&E teams, investigate potential causes, implement solutions/next steps, and proactively inform the right people of the change.
- Onboard and actively coach junior members of the team.
- Schedule and organize team to accommodate anticipated support workflow and expected volume.
- Closely monitor and have business metrics at fingertips and use technology to help move them and/or potentially identify customer facing issues.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving, anticipating the user's needs and challenges and resolving issues with the least amount of friction.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of customer support tools and equipment and evaluate and report on the effectiveness of customer support operations to leadership.
- Recommend improvements to Compass products to improve customer experience and reduce inbound inquiries.
- Coordinate the Support Engineering function with other departments, particularly with Product Management, Product Marketing and Engineering during product release cycles.
- Author and maintain internal and customer-facing technical documentation by staying on top of all site and software/app changes.
- Share best practices on how to use Compass software with Product Support Leads.
- Spot opportunities and potential improvements to existing processes, and take initiatives to elevate the team’s performance.
- Work independently, while coordinating workload with other Support Engineers in other P&E hubs.
Back to top