Senior Software Engineer - Service Framework
- Seattle, WA
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the role:
The Service Framework team is a mission-critical team within Compass’ Technology Infrastructure organization and is responsible for building tools and software that the rest of Compass depends on. Our mission is to build the tools that enable Compass Engineering to move fast for our customers and make it easy for engineers to develop, deploy, and monitor their software.
We are looking for experienced engineers who want to be a part of a fast-paced startup and build a next-generation technology platform for the real estate industry.
- Improves the way teams create services and provide them with rich tools to keep their applications and services secure
- Is responsible for many parts of Compass’ tier-1 infrastructure, requiring high-availability and resiliency from failure
- Provides Compass Engineers with best-in-class tools to monitor their applications’ performance and availability
- Creates automated code generation that enables service owners and consumers to quickly and easily interoperate with backend services
- Creates automation that enforces best practices across all of Compass Engineering, freeing other team members from concern and worry
What We’re Looking For:
- 2 - 4+ years using AWS / cloud technologies
- 3 - 5+ years using one of our backend programming languages (python, go, java)
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes is a plus
- Exposure to microservice architectures is a plus
- BS in CS
- Docker / Kubernetes / EKS
- Node, go, python, and java
- HTTP2, gRPC, and thrift
Back to top