At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the Role
The Notifications team is responsible for building and scaling the infrastructure that enables Compass products to communicate with our users over multiple channels, including push notifications on mobile, emails, text messages etc. We are looking to build out a best in class Notifications Platform and lead the way in creating the best customer experience. As a member of the Notifications team you will:
- Help build out best-in-class notifications infrastructure which can scale to millions of notifications per hour.
- Build a world-class notifications “product” that the rest of Compass, and the rest of the industry, can use to communicate.
- Develop microservices and software solutions using AWS technologies.
- Make direct technical contributions to ongoing projects within the Notifications space as well as beyond.
- Lead and mentor engineers and peers.
- Foster an excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous data-driven improvement.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Contribute to top quality engineering and technology practices.
- Work closely with other software engineers, and product managers.
What We Look For:
BS in CS or EE or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
3+ years experience in Java, GO, Python
2+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
2+ years of hands on experience with RESTful API design.
Preferred 2+ years experience with React or Angular
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with a relational database (Postgres preferred)
Mid-level understanding and familiarity with a document database like Mongo.
Check out our Engineering blog!