Senior Software Engineer, Notifications Platform
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
About the Role
The Notifications team is responsible for building and scaling the infrastructure that enables Compass products to communicate with our users over multiple channels, including push notifications on mobile, emails, text messages etc. We are looking to build out a best in class Notifications Platform and lead the way in creating the best customer experience. As a member of the Notifications team you will:
- Help build out best-in-class notifications infrastructure which can scale to millions of notifications per hour.
- Build a world-class notifications “product” that the rest of Compass, and the rest of the industry, can use to communicate.
- Make direct technical contributions to ongoing projects within the Notifications space as well as beyond.
- Lead and mentor engineers and peers.
- Foster an excellent work environment and a fast-paced engineering culture of continuous data-driven improvement.
- Contribute to top quality engineering and technology practices.
What We Look For:
BS in CS or EE or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
3+ years experience in Java, GO, Python
2+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
2+ years of hands on experience with RESTful API design.
Preferred 2+ years experience with React or Angular
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with a relational database (Postgres preferred)
Mid-level understanding and familiarity with a document database like Mongo.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top