At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Marketing Intelligence Team, you are invited to build and operate a robust marketing platform that integrates multiple external marketing channels such as Google, Facebook, and Nextdoor, serving our agents as the most efficient and reliable marketing tool. You will be challenged for contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of our next-generation marketing platform using the state-of-the-art scalable technologies with low latency. You will build and simplify our digital ads pipeline and help our agents run the best campaign on search engines and social media. Your work will be the foundation to bring insights and intelligence to our product and strategy. You will work closely with the AI scientists to build the best marketing features that help Compass agents to grow their business better than on any other platform.
What We Look For
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE, information technology, or equivalent
- A highly technical, hands-on developer and an effective communicator with 2+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language like Java, Go or Python with high attention to details, simplicity, and quality
- Experience with marketing intelligence or digital ads is a big plus
- Experience with a major cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Establish and push engineering best practices and participate in architecture and reviews. Challenge the status quo
- Experience working in a fast-paced programming environment with strong ownership in continuous deployment and agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate their ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for their team and customers
- Experience leading design reviews and has actively participated in design reviews of related software
- Experience influencing a team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approaches