Senior Software Engineer – Map Search
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role:
As a member of the Map Search team you are passionate about delivering a best-in-class map experience to consumers and agents, and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You will participate in all aspects of our development and provide expertise on both front- and back-end.
You are comfortable working on any part of the stack, from making a great interface to debugging our distributed infrastructure. Your code is architected for modularity and re-use. You have strong opinions on code structure and style. You also possess strong algorithmic and data structure knowledge.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- 6+ years experience writing database-driven web applications in Java, Go, Python, or other server-side language
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with a relational database (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms (we use AWS), containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Understanding of and adherence to industry-standard best practices in software development and architecture
- Experience with Google Maps API, Mapbox API, or equivalent is a plus
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top