At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the Role
The Insights & Analytics team is a v1 team that is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. Our mission is to build the best in it’s class analytics platform and insights experience in the real estate industry for our customers, their clients, and our staff to consume. We want to empower real estate professionals and users with insights for all aspects of their real estate business and workflows (eg. market trends, listings data, marketing campaigns, etc.), so users can be experts in their field, stay invaluable to their clients, make data-driven decisions to grow their business. We are building intuitive tools for our customers to understand complex real estate trends and empower them to make informed decisions. This requires us to collaborate with agents, data teams, product, design and AI team and continuously experiment with ideas, compute real time analytics from big data and build innovative algorithms to surface the right content. We strive to build the best question answer systems and the best visualizations and launch products that our customers transacting in real estate can’t live without.
Working in the Insights and Analytics team will give you the opportunity to get in on the ground floor and play a key role in establishing game changing capabilities to the product in its infancy. You will be instrumental in developing the platform, comprising the back end services, streaming and batch data processing jobs, and building real time services with hardened APIs. Along with this you would be developing algorithms to power scientific methods to the art of solving complex estate problems.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- BS in CS or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with modern web frameworks and end to end understanding of the Web technology stack
- Strong critical thinking skills, great communication skills and passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with multiple products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance