At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Data Intelligence Team, you are invited to build and operate a robust data platform, serving the entire company for analytics and artificial intelligence. You will be challenged for contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of our next-generation data platform using the state-of-the-art scalable data platform technologies that processes, persists, and serves data at terabytes to petabytes level with low latency. You will build and simplify our reporting data ETL pipelines and make high-quality data accessible to our stakeholders. Your work will be the foundation to bring insights and intelligence to our product and strategy. You will work closely with the AI team to build the best data features that help Compass agents to grow their business better than on any other platform.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, EE, information technology, or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Java or Python with high attention to details, simplicity, and quality
- Experience with large scale data processing systems (Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Beam), 3+ years of Big Data engineering experiences is preferred
- Expert in data lake and data warehouse technologies is preferred
- Knowledge and experience building data pipelines, reporting schema, data governance, and data discovery is preferred
- Experience with a major cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Establish and push engineering best practices and participate in architecture and reviews. Challenge the status quo
- Experience working in a fast-paced programming environment with strong ownership in continuous deployment and agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate their ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for their team and customers
- Experience leading design reviews and has actively participated in design reviews of related software
- Experience influencing a team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and approaches