At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
About the role:
The Cloud Networking team is a mission-critical team within Compass’ Technology Infrastructure organization and is responsible for building tools and software that the rest of Compass depends on. Our mission is to build the tools that enable Compass Engineering to move fast for our customers and make it easy for engineers to develop, deploy, and monitor their software. Networking is complex, our job is to introduce simplicity.
We are looking for experienced engineers who want to be a part of a fast-paced startup and build a next-generation technology platform for the real estate industry.
- Is automating the maintenance of Compass’ network infrastructure by building self-service tooling available to Compass Engineering
- Provides Compass Engineers with best-in-class tools to monitor their applications’ performance and availability
- Is responsible for many parts of Compass’ tier-1 infrastructure, requiring high-availability and resiliency from failure
- Creates automation that enforces best practices across all of Compass Engineering, freeing other team members from concern and worry
- Provides subject matter expertise on all matters related to networking and communication between services inside the Compass ecosystem
What We’re Looking For:
- 2 - 4+ years using AWS / cloud technologies
- 3 - 5+ years using one of our backend programming languages (node, python, go, java)
- 2+ years experience administering Unix and/or Linux production servers
- Experience with networking technologies (DNS, HTTP, AWS Networking) is a plus
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes is a plus
- Exposure to microservice architectures is a plus
- BS in CS
- AWS ELB, AWS CloudFront, HAProxy, and NGINX
- AWS VPCs and Security groups
- Docker / Kubernetes / AWS EKS
- Node and go