At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we are on track to triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization.
As a member of the Technology Infrastructure organization, you will be empowered to create software that scales with our expanding engineering teams. We are looking for experienced software engineers who thrive in cross-team collaboration, are passionate about building the next generation software platform and are excited to build great products used by hundreds of engineers. We welcome builders that can lead the development of high-performance systems, and tear down roadblocks when they see them. You’ll be instrumental in building our software, designing architecture for scale, and pushing for industry best practices.
At Compass You Will:
- Develop and maintain the automation and infrastructure for our software platform
- Reimagine and develop the architecture and software stack for improved availability and reliability
- Build/own tooling and automation that enables developers to work faster and with less hurdles
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence across the entire organization
- Drive improvements across the software stack with a focus on security, performance and standardization
- BS in CS or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- A track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Full-stack application development experience
- Experience integrating SaaS providers
- Experience with Bazel build tooling
- History of improving reliability and resiliency for your applications
- Previous experience growing a startup
- Knowledgeable about test automation and best testing practices
Check out our Engineering blog!