At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Backend or Full Stack) on the Payment Solutions team at Compass, you will work on projects that impact the highest priorities of our technology roadmap and the business, all while collaborating cross-functionally with multiple teams. Engineering developers influence teams outside of their own organization and deliver results that move the needle at the organizational level and impact company-wide goals.
You will use your experience with modern cloud and payment applications and systems to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. As Compass partners with many agents across the country and third party vendors, the Payment Solutions team is centralizing all payments that are taken with its customers and vendors. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates billions of real estate listings and other data points, develop an industry-leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, support the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our platform that powers the compass.com experience for buyers, sellers and real estate agents
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- Experience with integrating and building payment solutions with vendors such as Stripe, Paypal, Venmo, Square, Dwolla
- Experience with Node server frameworks like Koa or Express
- Experience with Typescript, Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with automated testing with some exposure to TDD
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus
- Experience working in an agile, team-oriented environment
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent (job experience, bootcamps, etc)
Check out our Engineering blog!