Senior Software Engineer (Backend) - Marketing Center
- Seattle, WA
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience working on large scale and distributed computing systems in rapid growth environments
- Solid programming skills; preferred experience in Java, GO, or Python
- Experience with modern web frameworks, advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms and streaming data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- 3+ years experience preferred but we are hiring at all levels
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top