At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
SSoftware Engineer (Backend) - Marketing Center
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
We have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. Therefore, we are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles
bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.About the Role
The Marketing Center team is responsible for key technology products in the suite of Compass real estate tools. This is the team that is building an industry leading digital marketing software. Marketing themselves and marketing their properties is a key success criteria for our customers - real estate agents. We are changing the way our customers do marketing in the current times taking advantage of social media, mobile, AI and vast amounts of data and insights, and turning tedious and mundane marketing tasks into simple, beautiful and effective marketing material and techniques that that everyone loves.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
- Work closely with Product, Design, User research and product marketing
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience working on large scale and distributed computing systems in rapid growth environments
- Solid programming skills; preferred experience in Java, GO, or Python
- Experience with modern web frameworks, advanced algorithms/data intelligence, public cloud platforms and streaming data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- 3+ years experience preferred but we are hiring at all levels
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles
and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Notice for California Applicants