Senior Software Engineer
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization. Seattle’s vast talent pool and legacy of innovation make the city a perfect destination for our west coast team - come help craft the culture as we launch our new campus!
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at Compass, you will use your experience with modern web and data frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. Leveraging the data-rich features of the real estate industry, you will build technology that aggregates millions of real estate listings and other data points, develops an industry leading consumer experience for searching and selecting real estate, supports the day to day productivity of a real estate agent with web and mobile applications while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage. You will work on an independent team that is empowered to build, test, deploy and monitor your services on our scalable engineering platform, and you will contribute to the evolution of that platform.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers and sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
BS in CS or EE or equivalentProven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience working on large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g. Go/React), distributed computing (e.g. Spark), public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and data pipelines
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- 5+ years experience
Back to top