At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Infrastructure Security Engineer
Engineering @ Compass
Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2021.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, and scalable web apps, mobile apps, and platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide and support transparent and automated security tooling and services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, and work with teams to remediate and protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments and drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Enable autonomy for engineers via safe-by-default tooling, and ensure engineering velocity is maintained by automating security requirements and building guardrails
- Design, build, and automate the security hardening, security mechanisms, and processes for the application platform across IAM, Compute, Storage, Secrets Management and PKI, Network, and Deploy
- Perform security architecture reviews, vulnerability assessments, and threat modeling for the application platform
- Evaluate new features, processes, tooling, and services that may be integrated within our cloud environments (AWS)
- Drive telemetry and vulnerability taxonomy across the entire Product and Engineering Platform.
Who you are:
- You are empathetic and accountable while helping contribute to improving our security program and continuing to build our customers’ trust
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security and leverage automation whenever possible
- Demonstrated experience performing security reviews, validation, and implementation to cloud and serverless infrastructure
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- Enjoy collaborating with teams and performing threat modeling exercises and help design secure cloud network and infrastructure architecture
- Desire to grow and solve new challenges as Compass’ architecture rapidly evolves
- Knowledge of Linux OS, containerization, and orchestration technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable teaching and leading development teams toward better security outcomes
Check out our Engineering blog!