Senior Salesforce Developer
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020 and 2021.
Compass is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our team! This role will be responsible for the technical development, configuration, maintenance, and integration of the Salesforce platform. The ideal candidate will be able to provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end user experience in mind.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for developing and executing our enterprise technology strategy and roadmap for Salesforce and other SaaS platforms
- Design and code Salesforce service and Sales cloud applications.
- Lead the effort to launch programs and custom solutions that use Salesforce and its add-on components, for specific business needs.
- Work with different business and technology teams to gather requirements, document use-cases, and develop scalable processes and solutions for the company.
- Coach and code review other Salesforce developers.
- Develop and maintain a governance model and change-management process for Salesforce
- Evaluate new Salesforce tools as they become available, and implement where appropriate
- Maintain system documentation and SFDC policies and procedures
- Adept technically with custom objects, validation rules, workflows, process automation, reporting, and dashboards.
- Assist with bug fixing and finding and production level issues.
- Manage code via git source control and github best practices.
- Salesforce.com App builder and Platform Developer I certifications required
- 3+ years of Salesforce development experience with Apex, Visualforce, triggers, batch Apex, Salesforce APIs, configuring Salesforce using workflows, validation rules, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards.
- Experience writing Apex classes, VisualForce pages, and process builder.
- Experience integrating 3rd party applications.
- Understanding of how to use the lightning design system and work with lightning web components.
- Understanding of the architecture, capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications.
- Database experience writing queries in SQL/SOQL.
- Understand how to implement mixed packages through the App Store.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other applications using SOAP, REST, BULK APIs.
- Experience with Salesforce DX.
Nice to Have
- Other software development experience is a plus.
- Application / System Architecture certifications
- Experience with other ISV products is a plus.
- Experience with Data Loader or various ETL tools a plus.
- Experience with SFDC Devops tools such as gearset, ant, circleci, salesforce cli with sfdx
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together and inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
Back to top