Senior Quality Assurance Engineer- Marketing Center
- Seattle, WA
Senior QA Engineer - Marketing Center
New York City and Seattle (Remote)
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You will join our Marketing Center team and be a subject matter expert in designing and developing software test and automation solutions across multiple squads. Using strong technical and leadership skills, you will lead the quality assurance team by providing guidelines for test processes, procedures, and documents. Enforce policies and standards, enable resource development and management, audit test activities, and deliverables.
With your expertise, we will ensure to provide the highest quality on the most comprehensive marketing automation solution available to real estate professionals in our industry.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and be comfortable communicating and collaborating with multiple business and technical teams.
What you will do:
- Be the lead for testing and automation needs around our client-facing commercial website, enterprise software, APIs and backend services
- Define and drive QA strategy for different squads, including resourcing, testing methodology, and automation approach
- Represent the voice of QA in team-level and cross-team planning activities
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each project’s testing and automation
- Ensure high-quality test cases are created and maintained in our testing repository
- Balance workload among QA team members taking into account business needs as well as individual skills, interests, and availability
- Manage and execute QA test plans and be responsible for the overall delivery commitments.
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering industry
- You have 5+ years of hands-on QA experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, and testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead QA role
- You have 4+ years working in a client-facing, high traffic commercial website either in a QA or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans and manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- You have strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills, including debugging and log analysis
- You have hands-on experience writing, running, and maintaining automation test frameworks
- You have a working knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You have a good understanding of modern databases and experience with SQL queries
- You are familiar with agile software development processes and are ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Circle-CI and Jenkins
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have experience with testing mobile apps
- You have experience working in an offshore QA model
- You have strong project and program management skills
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top