Senior QA Engineer - Brokerage Workflow
- New York, NY
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
You will join our Software Engineering team and be a subject matter expert in designing and developing software test and automation solutions across systems including Salesforce, modern cloud SaaS platforms and API led connectivity infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping design our enterprise systems architecture, define and implement a test engineering framework, configure our platforms and create documentation to support its management and maintenance.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and be comfortable communicating with multiple business and technical teams.
What you will do:
- Test and certify small and large-scale software changes at every level
- Be our subject matter expert for test and automation around enterprise software, APIs, services and systems including Salesforce and other cloud SaaS platforms
- Embody our “solutions-driven” values by identifying and implementing testing strategies
- Design and develop test solutions and automation in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each projects testing and automation
- Participate in all deployments
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering field
- You have 5+ years hands-on QA experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, and testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead QA role
- You have 4+ years working in Systems Engineering environments either in a QA or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans and manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You are familiar with agile software development processes and is ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Circle-CI and Jenkins
- You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills that can adjust to your audience's’ technical familiarity
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have Salesforce experience or certification
- You have strong project management skills
- You have experience with Devops, Circle-ci
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top