Senior QA Engineer - Brokerage Workflow
- New York, NY
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
You will join our Systems Engineering team and be a subject matter expert in designing and developing software test and automation solutions across systems including Salesforce, modern cloud SaaS platforms and API led connectivity infrastructure. You will play a key role in helping design our enterprise systems architecture, define and implement a test engineering framework, configure our platforms and create documentation to support its management and maintenance.
You will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and be comfortable communicating with multiple business and technical teams.
What you will do:
- Test and certify small and large-scale software changes at every level
- Be our subject matter expert for test and automation around enterprise software, APIs, services and systems including Salesforce and other cloud SaaS platforms
- Embody our “solutions-driven” values by identifying and implementing testing strategies
- Design and develop test solutions and automation in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each projects testing and automation
- Participate in all deployments
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
Who you are:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years in the Software Engineering field
- You have 5+ years hands-on QA experience using modern testing concepts, manual testing, test automation, and testing tools with at least 2 years in a lead QA role
- You have 4+ years working in Systems Engineering environments either in a QA or developer role
- You are comfortable writing detailed test plans and manual testing as a necessary step to effective automation tests
- You have knowledge of Selenium Webdriver or Cypress IO or jasmine
- You are familiar with agile software development processes and is ready to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Circle-CI and Jenkins
- You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills that can adjust to your audience's’ technical familiarity
Good to have:
- You have experience with API testing
- You have experience with Salesforce, SpringCM, SFDX, Trailhead badges
- You have Salesforce experience or certification
- You have strong project management skills
- You have experience with Devops, Circle-ci
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Back to top