Senior Product Marketing Manager
At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven Product Marketing expert to work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations to develop and grow Compass’ suite of real estate tools!
The successful candidate must have experience in product strategy and a demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate within product teams to drive results. In this role, you will be expected to identify key market requirements/ opportunities through voice of customer analysis, manage the development of product strategy docs, manage and facilitate product betas, and collaborate closely with growth marketing teams to create GTM plans to drive adoption. This leader must thrive as a part of a cross-functional team, exhibit excellent analytical and communication skills, and have a strong bias for action.
If you are passionate about solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based that will report directly into a Director of Product Management.
At Compass You Will:
- Lead inbound product marketing efforts and develop product GTM strategy across your product area.
- Lead the beta process in partnership with the PM and User Research team to drive a rigorous testing of our products with the customers and feed that back into the product development process.
- Partner with Product Management to lead market assessment, identify customer blockers across markets to understand and unlock product and growth opportunities
- Partner with Operations leaders to assess the business opportunities and identify ways that our products can provide efficiency and bandwidth for our Regional teams around the country.
- Oversee industry research for positioning and messaging around the product, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis.
- Represent the requirements of our market/customers through quantitative & qualitative analysis internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Demonstrate thought-leadership and an understanding of the broader Compass ecosystem to develop product direction and positioning
- Partner with Growth Product Marketing to create messaging and communication strategy, including sales-enablement materials, customer resources, press releases, etc.
What We Look For:
- 4-6 years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - and also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely high-level of planning, project management, and creating go-to-market plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills, including strong writing abilities and proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal and external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Strong proficiency in sourcing and analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with and making decisions with partial information
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.
Back to top