Senior Product Manager, Data Platform
- Seattle, WA
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About This Role:
In this role, you will work with a group of engineers and analysts to build the Compass data platform. Our team’s mission is to envision, build and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team at Compass—product, engineering, finance, operations, people and culture and leadership rely on our platform to make data-informed decisions as well as power the business with data.
- Develop the vision and product roadmap for data platform solutions and features, including self-service visualization products, dashboarding tools, analytics products and data warehouse
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements
- Craft data platform including but not limited to data pipelines, alerts and analytics, data infrastructure, API (250+ fields), ETL, data quality and coverage projects.
- Develop and implement data standards to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Set ambitious goals, and measure and quantify impact on a regular basis
- Champion and build a culture of data informed decision making
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 5+ years of product management or related experience for data products
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and Redshift), relational databases and data products generally
- Experience with developer tools and platforms (Github, AWS, Airflow) a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Back to top